Allen was the first pastor of Our Lady of the Lake Parish.
Today Lake Arthur citizens are a mixture of Acadians and French, and Anglo-Americans who arrived from the state of Iowa during the 1890s.
It is almost impossible to pinpoint which one arrived first. Lumber barons were Aaron Streater and Pete Reimers.
1890 Lee Fox built the first sawmill within the Lake Arthur corporate limits; it was destroyed by fire in 1905, as was the Brewer, Reynolds and Streater Mill that had been built on the lake front in 1900.
Jefferson Davis Parish Public Schools operates public schools in Lake Arthur. That marks a date we can follow with accuracy." The first store was operated by D. All of this turned Lake Arthur into successful rice country. The lake is about one mile wide and nine miles long and connects with the Mermentau River, a waterway to the Gulf of Mexico. This was that only means of travel between Lake Arthur and Cameron Parish. One of the largest families in the area was Broussard. A lumber boom began not long after the town was laid out, with two sawmills.  L'Banca Albergo is a hotel owned and operated by Roberta and Bobby Palermo. The name is Italian for "The Bank Hotel" and it captures the character and charisma of old New Orleans architecture.
Nott's Corner  Restaurant is a locally owned restaurant serving homestyle cajun food, gumbos, seafood and bread pudding with rum sauce. opened the first Lake Arthur Butane in Lake Arthur in 1945.